young couple on couch with tablet


There are a number of resources with basic information about advance directives. These resources may also include fill-in-the-blanks forms you can use.

Please note, there is no standard form for a durable power of attorney for health care, or an advance directive for mental health care.

You always have the option to consult with a lawyer to have documents drafted for you.

If you wish to read the following resources, click on the name and you will be directed to that publication.

Government Resources
Patient Advocate Designation form (DCH-3916) and answers to frequently asked questions about patient advocates

Planning for your Peace of Mind - a publication prepared by the Michigan Legislative Service Bureau in conjunction with the State Bar of Michigan.